ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Prospecting and pursuing new business
• Participate in strategy development, help position the business and develop the offer. Assist in defining the target markets, key processors and commercial product strategy.
• Establish a linkage between the customer’s business strategy and United Vaccine’s capabilities by developing relationships, identifying opportunities and capturing the specifications for United Vaccine’s products at strategic accounts within assigned geography or industries.
• Understand key players, applications, requirements, trends, and needs as well as United Vaccine’s potential and share within the targeted industries. Become an industry and product expert to leverage successes across target industries.
• Implement United Vaccine’s product, pricing and market strategies as well as business practices. Negotiate customer contracts and value packages to insure an acceptable return on United Vaccine resources invested.
• Monitor the competition to better understand issues and threats and develop plans to eliminate barriers.
• Become involved in industry trade associations. Coordinate and provide commercial focus to agency efforts.
• Establish individual performance standards, goals and objectives - - measure and provide feedback.
• Develop, execute and manage sales plans and budgets. Manage expenses and report in a timely fashion.
• Manage strategic relationships, cultivate new alliances, and monitor competitive activity.
• Communicate regularly and broadly. Ensure smooth transitions between all internal departments.
• Adhere to all United Vaccines safety, travel, ethics, and Human Resource policies.
• Other projects/duties as assigned or needed.
• Broad knowledge of United Vaccine’s processes
• Strong skills working collaboratively in a matrix organizational structure with the ability to effectively influence virtual teams globally.
• Proven track record of selling value and penetrating high/wide/deep with the decision makers and influencers in customer organizations that generate profitable growth.
• Strong performance in commercial excellence tools: strategic account plan development, optimizing the sales funnel, articulating value propositions and creating metrics to demonstrate the value.
• Must be an excellent communicator.
• Position requires travel and a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite – Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Experience with SAP is a plus.
• Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in engineering or another technical area of study.
• Minimum of 3 years of sales experience, preferably with a BioTech manufacturer.
The characteristics listed below are representative of the physical and environmental demands required by an individual to successfully perform the essential duties of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
• Requires standing and sitting for prolonged periods of time, talking and listening.
• Typically work is in an office environment.
• Must be able to travel 60-75% of the time
This is a 6 month contract to hire position. 40 hours PTO will be given during the contract time (available after 30 days) along with Paid Holidays. After 6 month contract to hire period ends, employee is eligible for additional benefits.